Dental Implants – Thornville, OH
Restored Teeth That Look & Feel Lifelike
Many dental patients are looking for tooth replacement solutions that are focused just as much on function as they are on aesthetics, which draws them to dental implants in Thornville, OH. To learn whether you’re a good candidate for these permanent prosthetics that can last decades or even a lifetime, schedule a consultation today!
Why Choose Thornville Dental for Dental Implants?
- In-House Dental Implant Placement & Restoration
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Financing Available
- Advanced Cone Beam CT Imaging
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline and into the jawbone to replace the missing root structure of one or several teeth. Due to their biocompatible nature, they’re able to fuse with the bone through a process called osseointegration. This allows them to act as a strong and stable foundation when dental restorations are secured into place.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- During your consultation, Dr. Smith and our team will capture images of your mouth using our advanced CT cone beam scanner. This will allow us to view your jawbone, sinuses, and nerves to plan surgery and ensure you’re a good candidate for the procedure. We’ll also discuss expectations with you and create a treatment plan so that you know exactly what to expect throughout the process.
- During the surgery, Dr. Smith will make small incisions into the gums to place the implants.
- Over the next three to six months following your surgery, the implant posts will fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. Once that’s complete, you’ll come back to our dental office so we can attach small connector pieces called abutments to the implants.
- After the gums have healed from the abutment attachment and your permanent restorations have been crafted, we’ll call you into the dental office again to attach your replacement teeth and complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Patients can enjoy several unique benefits after getting dental implants, including:
- Preservation of facial structure
- Prevention of jawbone deterioration
- 80 percent restored bite power, the most out of any replacement option
- Improved eating and speaking ability
- Natural-looking and feeling replacement teeth
- Versatile treatment can restore one, many, or all missing teeth
- Entire treatment completed in-office
- Easy to maintain
- Can last for 30+ years with proper maintenance
Who Dental Implants Can Help
To learn whether you’re a good candidate for dental implants, you’ll need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Smith. This treatment is great for patients who have good oral health, are missing any number of teeth, and have no autoimmune conditions or health problems that require treatment. We’ll then develop a treatment plan based on your unique tooth loss situation so you can determine whether you’d like to move forward with the process.
Missing Single Tooth
To replace one tooth, we’ll place a single implant post below the gumline. This will secure a customized dental crown that will complete your smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of altering your natural teeth by placing a traditional bridge, we can secure a bridge to two dental implants placed on either side of the gap in your smile.
Missing All of Your Teeth
To secure a full denture, we’ll place anywhere from two to six dental implants along your arch. This will prevent slipping or shifting restorations whenever you eat or speak.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants in Thornville will depend on your unique case. After our team has a chance to examine your smile, we’ll be able to come up with a treatment plan that will allow us to determine how many implants should be placed, whether you require preparatory procedures, and what type of restoration you’ll need. Each of these details will impact the price of your treatment.